UPDATE: After trekking out to last night’s cabaret, three takeaways:
- Brooke Aiello needs to be cast immediately in a production of “Chicago” as a gender-bending Amos. Her “Mr. Cellophane” = hilarious.
- I would pay to see Joel Abels and Sammy Linkowski play opposite each other in “Mame.”
- My dream show for StageWorks to perform next season: “Heathers.” It would be so very.
ORIGINAL POST: I am a big fan of the StageWorks Fresno cabaret show, a summer tradition. It’s traditionally held after the Friday night performance of the second weekend of a show’s run, which makes it tonight. (In this case the show is “Into the Woods,” which I recommend.) The cabaret will start at about 11 p.m. In years past, cast members of the current show have performed, along with some special guests. I love the experience because it’s breezy, informal, heartfelt, funny and packed with talent. Cost is $10. A little past my bedtime, but worth it!
Latest posts by Donald Munro (see all)
- Win tickets to Fresno Grand Opera’s ‘Dead Man Walking’ - May 2, 2016
- Just 3 more days to see Frida show at Fresno Art Museum - April 28, 2016
- In local architecture awards, congrats to photography winners - April 27, 2016