That said, at this point in the competition we are beginning to see hints of the eventual outcome.
The Round of 16 match ups are:
- Kopi Sotiropulos vs. Lupita Lomeli
- Jerry Tarkanian vs. Sheriff Margaret Mims
- Audra McDonald vs. Richard Kiel
- Danny Salas (Q97) vs. Ickey Woods
- Derek Carr vs. Jenifer Alcorn
- Fashawn vs. Greg (Q97)
- Heidi Watney vs. Robin Lopez
- Yo Boy Dub (Q97) vs. Mayor Ashley Swearengin
Kopi seems like a strong contender, because … well, he’s Kopi. The guy’s hairpiece has Twitter account (which is still active, apparently). But ¡Arriba Valle Central! anchor Lupita Lomeli garnered 10,378 last round, the most of anyone in the tournament so far.
Fashawn would make a great winner on various fronts, the least being his connection to the Grizzly City (and this the Grizzlies).
I’d love to see the mayor as a bobblehead. I think it says a lot that Fresno has a mayor that is part of the city’s pop culture and that people actually like (some people anyway).
But the win needs to go to Jerry Tarkanian. He’s was a giant in the sports world and a bit of a character and the kind of legacy personality that lends itself to bobblehead immortalization. Fans would be happy (excited even) taking home a Tark the Shark bobblehead. Just make sure it has the towel.
You can check in on the contest (and vote) at the Grizzlie’s website. Voting for the round of 16 end 5 p.m. Monday.
Latest posts by Josh Tehee (see all)
- Five Things You Should Do This Weekend - April 29, 2016
- Bandgeek!: Luke Bryan, Jackson Brown and the White Wizard of Hip Hop - April 28, 2016
- Five Things You Should Do This Weekend - April 22, 2016